Carpet Cleaning Stain Removal Guide.
Have you ever spilled something on your carpet at home and realized you didn’t have a cleaning product specific to carpet stain removal to save the day and get it out? Or maybe you like using more natural cleaning methods, but either way, you should know that there ARE other ways to clean your carpet.
When you do accidentally spill, it’s a big race against time. You want to try and take action before the spill stains permanently. Depending on what you’ve spilled, that risk can vary.
Wine or any other alcohol stains can be extremely tedious to remove completely, especially if you linger with cleaning it out. Professional cleaning services are obviously too expensive, and renting carpet shampooers forces you to be the shampoo on top of the machine itself.
Well, look no further! The following five DIY methods are quick, easy, and much more affordable ways to clean carpet stains.
Our Top 5 DIY Carpet Cleaning Methods List:
- Mix liquid dish detergent with warm water. Just make sure the dish detergent is clear, for obvious reasons! It should be about ¼ of a teaspoon and 1 cup of water. Add more proportionally and as needed. This can be used in a cleaning machine or with a rag to clean. Vacuum any residue.
- Use a ½ cup of all-purpose household cleaner with no bleach, ½ cup of fabric softener, 1 cup of ammonia, and a gallon of warm water. Once again, use a rag to clean and vacuum up any residue. These ingredients clean and soften simultaneously, and can also be used in a cleaning machine if desired.
- Mix together 10 parts warm water and 1 part dry laundry detergent. This one will only work with a cleaning machine, though. It will clean with much less foaming than many other methods and leaves a laundry-fresh scent.
- This recipe requires ½ cup of powdered detergent, a teaspoon of ammonia, and a quart of warm water in a bowl. Scrub it clean and vacuum it dry.
- If you don’t have any of the above products at hand, you can always use equal parts window cleaner and warm water, but this is also a carpet machine recipe. If you don’t have a shampooer, you can simply test spray the stain with window cleaner. You just have to make sure the window cleaner does not remove the carpet itself. If it does not, proceed with the spray and let it sit for 5 minutes. Wipe it away with a cold wet cloth.
And there you have the top five ways to DIY when you have carpet stains, but you don’t exactly have carpet cleaning products, or you just want to want to save money (which, who doesn’t, right?)
Pick the solution that seems the most fitting for your stain and get ready to have spotless carpets once more!